Final cleanup on the proof-of concept

  • Ugh.
  • rain
  • Adding comments and velocity accessors to audio code
    • Comments are done
    • Checked in project to Subversion repo, then checked out and compiled. All seems to be working fine.
  • Cleaning up #includes
    • I had been getting the following annoying warning once I started including items like <unordered_map>: 1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\cstring(21): warning C4995: ‘strcat’: name was marked as #pragma deprecated. In the cleanup, I finally got around to testing the need for includes and deleted <strsafe.h>, which seems to be the source of my grief. Yay!
  • Ready to make the audio code a library. Monday. Then time to design the experimental interface.
  • And now that I think I know what’s going on, a good article shows up…

In the end, this is how you do it:

// create the instance
BasicAudio *ba = new BasicAudio(); 

// initialize
ba->init(); 

// create a sound from a file. In this case a WAV. There can be many of these.
ba->createSound(L"music", L"Wavs\\MusicMono.wav", 0); 

// get the instance to the sound and start(), stop(), run() etc.
ba->getSoundByName(L"music")->start(); 
loop{
	// change some audio condition

	// play the voice on a specified channel or play in 3D
	ba->playOnChannelVoice(L"music", channelIndex); 
 	ba->play3DVoice(L"music");

	// optional - run periodic checks.
	ba->run() 
}
ba->destroy();
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s