Today was a good day of slow progress! Here’s the play by play.
- Building a copy of XAudio2BasicSound, cleverly calling it ConsoleSound2.
- Since it depends on SDKwavefile, I had to pull SAFE_DELETE, SAFE_DELETE_ARRAY, and SAFE_RELEASE from dxut.h. It also requires dxerr.h. but that’s in the regular directx include directory.
- Extremely empty code right now, but it compiles and links. On a side note, the compiler should accept the environment variable $(DXSDK_DIR), but it doesn’t. And adding macros is an enormous pain, as near as I can tell.
- The code is ported over and works. It’s all stuck in a main() right now. I need to clean up and build an Audio class. Actually, looking at the way the code is set up, a WavSampleSound class might be better. It probably could extend from a SampleSound class, but I’ll break that out later…
- Class is mostly done and running!
- The only bug that I have is that I can run the sound only once. I still need to figure out how to reload the buffer.